Friday 15 July 2011

Smash Hits | Portal Zombie Gnomes

So this one time - not at band camp, I was way too old for that then - I was out on the town, you know. Now the town's not what it was before the apocalypse. But it does. Hell, there's nothing else to do!

Anyway, there I was, shooting zombies in the face, as you do... meleeing the rotten motherfuckers whenever they got too close for comfort, and what do I come across but this funny little gnome. So I pick him up, right? 'Cause he reminded me of another gnome I used to know, and suddenly I'm in this weird... I don't even know how to describe it! Like a testing facility? Or something?

And there's this crazy robot lady's voice coming through the speakers, and she's all 'Oh. It's you. It's been a looooong time. How have you been?' Hella weird.

Wait, what? 

Have I died and gone to video game heaven?! 


Apologies for the odd little bit of roleplay there. But just... fangasm much? :D

In this clip from what I have to say is a very competent-looking user-generated campaign downloadable for Left 4 Dead 2 for free, Left 4 Dead... meets Portal... meets, ever-so-briefly, Half-Life.

Words cannot communicate the awesome.

God what fond memories I have for that there gnome. Anyone else out there carry that beardy so-and-so all the way through Half-Life 2: Episode Whatever like I did? To infinity and beyond, by way of one the rocket ship?

Good times, man. Good times...

***

Source: Kotaku

2 comments:

  1. Marduk/An0mand3r Rak318 July 2011 at 02:40

    Hey Niall,

    I haven't played HL2 but my son has and I did witness him carrying that gnome around and then launching it to the never-never! However, with him we did carry the little blighter around in the Dark Carnival campaign in Left 4 Dead 2 - bashing zombies in the face with it and those clowns, man, zombie clowns!!

    Good times indeed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marduk/An0mand3r Rak318 July 2011 at 02:43

    Oh and one more thing - how good is Portal 2?? Should be game of the year methinks.... the co-campaign is brilliant! Loved it, loved it... but then I thought Wheatley was brilliant in the solo one too, funny evil little fella

    ReplyDelete